Thursday 11 June 2015

Coping: Joy Lists

Hello my friends,

The sun is shining here and it's a beautiful day. I wanted to share with you something that I find helps me when I'm not as smiley and when things are more difficult. I make lists of all the things that make me happy. Sometimes I write them down, sometimes I don't. What I have learnt through yoga is to think about the mind/body connection - how doing something with your body can have a positive impact on your brain. So now, when I'm down - and if I remember, I am only human - I try and do one of the things from my lists.

Currently, here are some of my joyous things:

  • Feeling the sunshine on your back as summer begins 
  • Laughing
  • Singing to Banarama with my friend as we drive around 
  • Drinking Tea 
  • Falling out of yoga poses and getting back into them 
  • NPR All Songs Considered Podcasts 
  • Beer 
  • Reading (specifically 'The Bean Trees' by Barbara Kingsolver) 
  • Looking at pictures  
Make your own list. Little things help.

Peace, happiness and smiles

Miss D 

1 comment:

  1. Hearing a song I had forgotten I loved! Just happened and yes, I am commenting on my own blog #happening

    ReplyDelete